[linux-elitists] Spam filters

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 27 22:41:34 PDT 2009

Quoting Matthew Palmer (mpalmer at hezmatt.org):

> Conversely, ignoring a common vector for spam because it isn't handled
> by your chosen anti-spam method isn't the mark of a clueful person,
> either.

You seem to be furiously arguing with an assertion made by nobody among
present company.  I do hope you're having fun.

> Yes, reputation systems have their place, as long as you can tie the
> reputation to a persistent identity.

This statement is both unsupported and dubious on its face.  But no, I'm
not going to be your chosen debate partner.  Bother someone else.

--
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!' and have to go