[linux-elitists] Spam filters

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 27 16:09:41 PDT 2009

Quoting Ben Finney (bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au):

> In this particular instance, Gerald said ???Reputation systems??? in
> response to a request for ???an anti-spam panacea???:

Oh, sorry.  Yes, anyone _seriously_ proposing, literally, a single-piece
cure-all for spam is asking for something of a Bronx cheer.

I'd say reputation systems seem a very promising avenue of attack
that needs to be added to various other measures.  Objections like
"But it won't stop a spammer from registering an endless supply of GMail
accounts" seem a bit clueless.