[linux-elitists] Spam filters

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Mar 27 11:16:32 PDT 2009

begin Matthew Palmer quotation of Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 06:42:34PM +1100:

> DKIM doesn't do squat to provide identity for the purposes of a reputation
> system.  What's to stop a spammer from tasting a million domains a day to
> spam through?  How do you deal with the problem of someone from a random
> (legitimate) domain getting caught by your reputation system because they
> have the same reputation as a random spammer?

Hey, I think you've discovered the Internet content
business model of the future.  People will pay to
license an original link-magnet article to run on a
new domain, just to get it some juice to get through
reputation servers.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco