[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Mar 27 04:08:19 PDT 2009

On Thursday 26 March 2009 19:06:37 Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Tilghman Lesher (zgp-org at the-tilghman.com):
> > I also don't really care what Don decides to do with regards to this
> > policy...
>
> So, great:  We have about eight people who've said they don't object to
> their addresses being default-shown (with an option to toggle "hidden")
> in a subscriber-viewable roster.  Of those, two express theoretical
> moral outrage on behalf of theoretically objecting subscribers who have
> steadfastly failed, after being invited, to indicate their existence,
> even privately to the listadmin.
>
> Anyone else?

I don't mind my email address to be revealed or otherwise shared in the
context of the l-e mailing list or otherwise. It was never kept private, and
it is published un-obfuscated on the bottom of the central pages of my home-
site as well as other sites I take part in.

Also, if interested only, see:

http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/default.asp?joel.3.717364.8

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish