[linux-elitists] Spam filters

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Mar 26 20:54:42 PDT 2009

Matthew Palmer  <mpalmer at hezmatt.org> wrote:

>The difficulty, in my eyes, for a working global reputation system is
>identity.  If you can just dump a bad identity, then it's no barrier to a
>spammer.  If you start a new identity at "Evil Spammer" and need to "level
>up" from there, then bootstrapping is a pain.

DKIM helps to some extent, which is why I have implemented it for my domain
and my e-mail.

The only aspect that isn't clear to me concerns the changing standards for
declaring a signing policy.

Is the following correct?

_adsp._domainkey  TXT "dkim=all"

This is supposed to declare a policy of signing all outgoing mail from this
domain.