[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 26 15:46:50 PDT 2009

Quoting Tilghman Lesher (zgp-org at the-tilghman.com):

[Much more time-wasting soap opera, and carefully failing to get the
point about "pledge", snipped.]

> ...if it were not currently part of the administrative interface.

It's not, by the way -- definitely not as of the 2.1.8 series I'm most
familiar with, and I'd be really surprised if it were in 2.1.11 without
my knowing.

> I believe a script could be fashioned to do this task.....

Splendid!  And when you finish writing and debugging that script,
it can be used equally well on the up to around three people who might
(or might not) eventually get around to telling Don "I hate this change
and refuse to set a radio button in my subscription settings."

But having gone to all of that effort, you'll have done, and expected
Don to participate in, many orders of magnitude more work than would be
required to just click the "hide" column a couple of times in the
roster's admin page.

Thus my point.