[linux-elitists] Selection bias: Re: Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 26 15:09:40 PDT 2009

on Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:32:27AM -0700, Rick Moen (rick at linuxmafia.com) wrote:
> About a week ago, I wrote listadmin Don Marti off-list, suggesting he
> make a change to linux-elitists's list configuration.  His reaction was
> that we should invite comment from subscribers.

Note that there are two general classes of subscribers:  active
participants, and lurkers.

Folks who are active are already having their email addresses and/or
identities exposed.  Lurkers are not, other than to the list admin.

Seems that asking for an on-list discussion of the mater still resents a
selection bias vis-a-vis participation.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten