[linux-elitists] email address hiding, was re: Spam filters

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Mar 26 14:27:07 PDT 2009

begin D. Joe Anderson quotation of Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 03:18:18PM -0400:

> For hiding, what I tend to find are a bunch of how-to's and
> why-to's, which is not at all what we want.

I understand the arguments against leaking an email
address in general.  But there might be good arguments
against disclosing the presence of a subscriber on a
certain list.  Would you post to a public web site
the list of magazines you subscribe to?  The comic
book titles you have a standing order for at the
comic book store?

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco