[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Tilghman Lesher zgp-org at the-tilghman.com
Thu Mar 26 12:44:16 PDT 2009

On Thursday 26 March 2009 14:20:03 Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Tilghman Lesher (zgp-org at the-tilghman.com):
> > ...already settled in a pledge by the list admin....
>
> I'm willing to risk an immediate $50 if you can show me a _pledge_ by
> the listadmin (speaking in that capacity) on any subject, let alone one
> said to be utterly immutable -- if you're willing to pay me $5 for the
> next thirty bits of distortive rhetorical overkill you post here over
> the next year, as judged by a panel of three neutral bystanders.

As Joe previously posted, it's on the info page for linux-elitists:
"Most are "lurkers", people who do not post to the list. If you are a lurker,
your address is confidential."

> I figure I'll make a small fortune.  Or at least get you to cut the
> bullshit, which would frankly be worth the money.

I figure you'd lose out.  But let's alter the bet a bit, and let me suggest a
betterment.  For each distortive rhetorical overkill I make on this list, as
judged by a panel of three neutral bystanders, I will make a $5 contribution
to the Linux Foundation, if in return, you will make a $5 contribution to the
same, for each email you send to this list which needlessly flames somebody
for disagreeing with you.

I suspect the Linux Foundation will make out handsomely with such a deal.

--
Tilghman