[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 26 12:14:19 PDT 2009

Quoting Tilghman Lesher (zgp-org at the-tilghman.com):

> And thanks to the way that you've treated those who have raised even a
> theoretical objection to the action, it's likely that nobody will,
> lest they raise the ire of Mad Moen.

I have contempt for people who invent bullshit objections involving
imaginary people.  I don't have much _respect_ for a view that the
speaker simply doesn't want to bother flipping a subscription option,
but I simply wouldn't have any cause to dislike such a person on that
basis.

If you're going to go around slinging mud, you could (as a suggestion)
go further and suggest that I'd lie about any such people not having
spoken.  But the obvious answer to either slur is that it's irrelevant,
as I'd give long odds that objections from subscribers speaking on
behalf of their own interests (in contrast to you and Joe, who have not)
still haven't been registered with Don, either.   Who I'm sure will
speak, here, to that among other matters when he's had a long enough
comment period.