[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Tilghman Lesher zgp-org at the-tilghman.com
Thu Mar 26 12:12:04 PDT 2009

On Thursday 26 March 2009 13:09:08 D. Joe Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 09:33:00AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > However, you are posing a blatantly false dilemma:
>
> Again, wrong.  I offered a way to honor the commitment while
> still changing the policy.  I'm almost sorry it doesn't get you
> what you want.

Again, the hypocrisy.  It's convenient for Rick Moen to see the list
subscriber addresses, because it suits him, regardless of the privacy
of others, already settled in a pledge by the list admin, just as it's
convenient for Internet marketers (i.e. spammers) to email anyone they like
and force others to opt out from a spammer's convenience.

> > Yes, we need to inconvenience everyone for the sake of theoretical
> > subscribers who have been invited to speak up but have said nothing, and
> > whom nobody can find.  I'm sure that's "reasonable" in _some_ universe.

It inconveniences exactly one person.  You.  Have you no shame, sir?

--
Tilghman