[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at etrumeus.com
Thu Mar 26 11:53:19 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:42:32AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting D. Joe Anderson (deejoe at etrumeus.com):
>
> > Especially via a privately-addressed message sent in reply to a
> > post made to a list archived pro bono publico.
>
> Excuse me?
>
> If you're trying to imply that I've been improperly disclosing
> actually private communications without permission, or are
> likely to do so, it would be in order for you to either
> promptly prove your assertion or apologise.

Won't someone please think of Rick Moen's reputation!?

 http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=netiquette#offlist

Yeah, yeah, it's not an exact match, someone sending you an
offlist reply in opposition to your proposal, with all the joys
that that might entail, versus the situation you describe in the
link.

But, regardless of what you inferred, that's what I had in mind
when I wrote that.

--
Joe