[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Bob Bernstein rs at bernstein.providence.ri.us
Thu Mar 26 11:26:52 PDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Rick Moen wrote:

> ...two express theoretical moral outrage on behalf of
> theoretically objecting subscribers who have steadfastly failed,
> after being invited, to indicate their existence, even privately
> to the listadmin.

Perhaps the "theoretically objecting subscribers" are victims of an
uncaring society? Perhaps they don't have internet access? Maybe
they cannot use a keyboard? What if they are sufficiently challenged
in a cognitive way that they don't understand how their rights are
about to be trampled on? Thank God for Lesher et al. Thank God for
the fundamental liberal impulse: "You don't know what's good for you
but I do."

> I suspect that "hypocritical according to Tilghman Lesher" will
> become a popular endorsement phrase for the new era, sort of like
> "banned in Scotland" was in the days of Monty Python films.

Or, more commonly, "Banned in Boston."

--
Bob Bernstein