[linux-elitists] Eric S. Raymond: "I don't [think] we need the GPL anymore."

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Thu Mar 26 06:18:59 PDT 2009

First off, thanks Greg for writing actual text instead of just pasting
links like Shlomi did.  But really, don't feed the linktrolls.

Greg Folkert:
>         Brett, oh Brett... wherefore art thine bike shed? YMMV?

While I'm on a roll here, "wherefore" means "why".

  wherefore
       n : the cause or intention underlying an action or situation,
           especially in the phrase `the whys and wherefores' [syn:
           {why}]
       adv : for which reason; "wherefore do I receive this honor?"
           [syn: {wherefor}]

Just think of it as a cousin to "therefore" rather than to "where".

--
BitKeeper, how quaint.                         Nick Moffitt
                -- Alan Cox                   nick at zork.net