[linux-elitists] CRM114 as an auto-tagger?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Mar 26 02:02:17 PDT 2009

Tony Godshall  <togo at of.net> wrote:
>Has anyone seen or experimented with CRM114 or a bayesian filter so
>it's not just spam/nonspam but also personal/not, work/not, and
>technical-list/not, event announcement/not, etc.  I'd like to have my
>email classified a la gmail but without having to write explicit
>rules.

CRM114 would be especially suited for this, since it is a scripting language,
not just a spam filter. In fact, the spam filtering is implemented as a
collection of CRM114 scripts.

I know it has been used to classify news articles in the past (I'm not sure
whether they were Usenet articles or from another source).