[linux-elitists] Spam filters

glen martin glenm at locutory.org
Wed Mar 25 06:33:22 PDT 2009

Jason White wrote:
> I'm experimenting again with CRM114 at the moment. The accuracy
> doesn't meet my expectations after a couple of weeks of training, so I think
> I'll change to a different classifier and try again.

I've had very good results with CRM114.  I set up my mail to go through
spamassassin and amavis first, having configured them to only decorate
the emails (ie add headers), and then I let CRM114 loose on that. I then
toss the spam into a checkspam folder for storage. i retrain by moving
messages from inbox or checkspam into a reclassify folder, and have a
cron job that picks those up and swats CRM114s nose with them. I also
initially trained CRM114 with about 1000 good and bad messages to start,
3 or so years ago.

Now I get maybe a couple spam in my inbox per week, and maybe a few
borderline messages (eg crap from IDG or so) each month.