[linux-elitists] Spam filters

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Mar 24 17:03:59 PDT 2009

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) <shot at hot.pl> wrote:

>Am I the only one who completely doesn’t get the whole hiding concept?

No.

>To me there’s no better way to keep the spam filter¹ exercised than
>to have a nice selection of contemporary spam flowing in daily, so
>I publish my addresses verbatim wherever possible.

Agreed. I'm experimenting again with CRM114 at the moment. The accuracy
doesn't meet my expectations after a couple of weeks of training, so I think
I'll change to a different classifier and try again.

SpamAssassin wasn't meeting my requirements at all, but I am at a disadvantage
in that I am retrieving mail via Fetchmail from the server, rather than
running my own machine as an MTA, because the latter is behind a dynamically
assigned IPv4 address, which it would be costly to upgrade to a static
address.