[linux-elitists] Proposal: Roster accessible to subscribers

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Mon Mar 23 14:23:06 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:32:27AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> About a week ago, I wrote listadmin Don Marti off-list, suggesting he
> make a change to linux-elitists's list configuration.  His reaction was
> that we should invite comment from subscribers.

I think most people on this list won't bother to use the feature if it
exists, and folks with that attitude may not give two hoots or a holler
one direction or the other.   Some may even hold the rather elitist opinion
that if you don't speak in the email world, you don't really exist, anyway.

I *know* that everyone who deserves to be on this list *at all* knows how
to bloody well defend ourselves from spammers (and could probably give
presentations on same).  Any arguments which claim a desire toward lack
of clue are worth point-and-laugh around here and I think we all know
that too.

You spent waaaaay too long a message saying so, though :)

The only question of 'viewable by members' is about whether it's dirt
easy or cluefully-raised-bar hard to become a subscriber on this list.

Since I've never had any personal fears of people knowing which techie
groups I am part of, I have no special reason to find my visibility
here any problem at all.

Comments by others who've not spoken, welcome!

  . | .    Heather Stern          |
--->*<---  star at starshine.org   - * -   (408) 761-4912 cell
  ' | `    KG6ZYC                 |     (408) 374-7623 land