[linux-elitists] Framing and 'cyclopedias (was: Fwd: RFC: Freecell Solver Licence "Change")

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 20 17:59:14 PDT 2009

Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> writes:

> Wikipedia editors were willing to let "copyright protection
> technology" stand in quite a few places -- I converted a bunch of
> that weasel wording to "DRM" with a link to the relevant article,
> and hope it took.

Well, did it?

> There ought to be a huge posse of digital freedom lovers following
> "recent changes" to relevant articles, and converting "protect the
> content" to "restrict the user (or customer)" dagnabit.

Yup. I do my bit every time I see such an article: NPoV means
“protection” is controversial but “restriction” is only factual
description. That's my argument anyhow :-)

--
 \          “Pity the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” —Donald |
  `\                                              Robert Perry Marquis |