[linux-elitists] [Out-of-office reply] Re: [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 20 17:24:59 PDT 2009

on Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 01:50:18PM -0400, Vineet Kumar (vineet at doorstop.net) wrote:
> Thank you for your message. I am currently on vacation until 4/1. My
> autoresponder will embarrassingly send this useless reply to every
> message I receive from every mailing list until then. When I return,
> you may all hurl feces at me. This will not stop me from doing the
> same thing next time I go on vacation.

And why would you want to inform all and sundry that your home is vacant
and unguarded?

A forward rule to a designated party, and prior notification of those
for whom such information is prudent, is much saner.

Actually, these days, the whole concept of an email holiday is pretty
novel.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten