[linux-elitists] That ol' familiar MUA song

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Mar 19 17:07:16 PDT 2009

Ben Finney  <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

>Yeah, but I'm primarily interested in Sieve for it being a
>mini-language (like Procmail, but much more readable), and being
>blessed with IETF incense.

My recollection is that it doesn't allow invocation of shell commands, for
example, restricting its usefulness as a Procmail substitute.

Have you looked at Maildrop? Apparently it performs syntax checking before
executing the filtering rules.

There is also the filtering language built into Exim, though that obviously
determines your choice of MTA.