[linux-elitists] That ol' familiar MUA song

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Thu Mar 19 03:56:32 PDT 2009

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> I haven't tried Gnus against IMAP much to know if it's slow.

I use Gnus' nnimap backend with Dovecot and a few hundred maildir
folders (some of which contain hundreds of thousands of messages). It
seems to work well for me -- certainly much faster than nnmaildir.

> I find procmail comfortable through experience, but hot damn it's
> still far more baroque than it needs to be.

"maildrop" from the Courier project is a procmail clone with less
baroque syntax:

  if (/^List-Id: .*linux-elitists/)
          to "$MAILDIR/.lists.linux-elitists"

It's filtered 2,745,547 messages for me over the last five years with no
annoyances whatsoever.

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>