[linux-elitists] That ol' familiar MUA song

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 19 03:12:31 PDT 2009

Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> writes:

> I should note that there are also some CPAN modules to filter email:
>
> * http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-Audit/
>
> * http://search.cpan.org/dist/Email-Filter/

Yeah, but I'm primarily interested in Sieve for it being a
mini-language (like Procmail, but much more readable), and being
blessed with IETF incense.

> On Thursday 19 March 2009 09:36:46 Ben Finney wrote:
> > "Karsten M. Self" <karsten at linuxmafia.com> writes:
> > > Someone did me the favor of indicating that Mac was not a good
> > > choice, either as OS or hardware....
> >
> > Whereas someone did *me* the favour of donating some Mac hardware
> > a few years ago, which has survived far better and consumed far
> > fewer resources (of all kinds I can measure) than the x86 jungle.
>
> Was it an x86-mac or a PPC-mac?

I was the beneficiary of a Mac-head ditching their PPC-mac gear
(Hadn't I heard? PowerPC was so last-year.) to follow Jobs into the
shiny x86-mac future.

--
 \         “My mother was like a sister to me, only we didn't have sex |
  `\                                     quite so often.” —Emo Philips |