[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 18 23:04:35 PDT 2009

on Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 03:08:06AM +0000, Jason White (jason at jasonjgw.net) wrote:
> Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>
> >It's been a while.  From changelog:
> >
> >    2004-07-20 08:17:21  Thomas Roessler  <roessler at does-not-exist.org>
> >    (roessler)
> >
> >            * imap/message.c, mutt.h, parse.c, send.c, url.c: Use List-Post
> >            headers when doing list-reply.
>
> I need to do better at keeping up to date with Mutt changes! Thank you for
> finding the definitive answer.
>
> I hope the Mutt developers eventually integrate the NNTP support patches that
> have been available for quite a while, or write their own if the existing
> patches turn out to be unsatisfactory.
>
> Apart from that, Mutt is the best MUA that I have used so far. GNUS is
> tempting, but apparently its performance is slow with large maildir folders,
> of which I have a tendency to accumulate many.

The only thing that's tempted me is "sup", which is basically Google
mail as an ncurses application (and no, it doesn't tie w/ Google mail,
it's a freestandina MUA, though you could use IMAP, I suppose).

On which:  I've been using Gmail for work for the past few months.  It
sucks less than a lot of other mail clients, but mutt still sucks less.
Getting a new laptop configured, finally, and it's going to get
fetchmail + procmail + mutt on it RSN.  Someone did me the favor of
indicating that Mac was not a good choice, either as OS or hardware....

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten
    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.