[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 18 11:09:41 PDT 2009

on Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 02:23:24AM +0000, Jason White (jason at jasonjgw.net) wrote:
> Don Marti  <dmarti at zgp.org> wrote:
>
> >I just commented out the "subscribe" stuff in
> >my .muttrc and "L" works just fine. Of course,
> >Mailman sends Mutt the List-Id, List-Unsubscribe,
> >List-Archive, List-Pos, List-Help, and List-Subscribe
> >headers (RFC 2369 and 2919), so it would be hard for
> >Mutt not to be able to say that it didn't know this
> >was a list message.
>
> It used to be the case that Mutt wouldn't honour those headers when list-reply
> was used; hence the address of the list had to be included in the ~/.muttrc
> configuration.
>
> I didn't know that recent versions of Mutt had filled in this missing feature.

It's been a while.  From changelog:

    2004-07-20 08:17:21  Thomas Roessler  <roessler at does-not-exist.org>
    (roessler)

            * imap/message.c, mutt.h, parse.c, send.c, url.c: Use List-Post
            headers when doing list-reply.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten