[linux-elitists] [Meta] [Gadzooks] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Mar 17 20:46:35 PDT 2009

Bob Bernstein <rs at bernstein.providence.ri.us> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:33:13AM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > ...the tag is a conflation of ???me???, indicating the preferred
> > topic of the thread, and ???ta???, a common abbreviation of
> > ???thank you???, in this case advance gratitude for discussing
> > said topic.

You've quoted the text after some kind of character encoding fuckup.
The message, encoded correctly, can be seen at
<URL:http://allium.zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2009-March/012840.html>.

> Does your editor highlight matching '???'?

My editor deals with Unicode characters and character encodings.

> Which editor is that?

Emacs and/or Vim.

--
 \          “Ocean, n. A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a |
  `\     world made for man — who has no gills.” —Ambrose Bierce, _The |