[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Mar 17 19:23:24 PDT 2009

Don Marti  <dmarti at zgp.org> wrote:

>I just commented out the "subscribe" stuff in
>my .muttrc and "L" works just fine. Of course,
>Mailman sends Mutt the List-Id, List-Unsubscribe,
>List-Archive, List-Pos, List-Help, and List-Subscribe
>headers (RFC 2369 and 2919), so it would be hard for
>Mutt not to be able to say that it didn't know this
>was a list message.

It used to be the case that Mutt wouldn't honour those headers when list-reply
was used; hence the address of the list had to be included in the ~/.muttrc
configuration.

I didn't know that recent versions of Mutt had filled in this missing feature.

As an aside, I'm posting this from Gmane. If this post requires manual
moderation approval, you're welcome to subscribe me (jason at jasonjgw.net) to
the list to avoid future time-wasting moderation. Of course, it is also
possible that the list is configured to accept postings via the Gmane
newsgroup - I couldn't tell by looking at the headers from my post yesterday
whether it went through with or without administrative intervention.