[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Mar 17 13:26:00 PDT 2009

Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> writes:

> 1. When replying to a post on a list, I still normally prefer
> Reply-to-all, so people who are involved in the discussion will get
> an additional E-mail message to their inbox.

So, whether or not the recipient wants duplicates, you're going to
send them. You suck, sir.

> I know I consider emails in my inbox to be of higher priority than
> those in my many mailing lists' folders, and I also noticed that on
> GMail (which use less often than KMail), I tend to neglect reading
> the mailing lists folders/labels. So I appreciate an email that
> arrives at my inbox.

If messages are escaping your attention that you would rather have
read, then use your MUA to filter them appropriately. Your MUA has all
the information it needs to do this. Stop acting so helpless.

--
 \      “I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I |
  `\   like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” —Bilbo |