[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Mar 17 13:07:24 PDT 2009

begin Rick Moen quotation of Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:17:38PM -0700:
> Quoting Jason Spence (jspence at lightconsulting.com):
> > On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:12:42AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> >
> > > Works perfectly (given .muttrc line "subscribe linux-elitists at zgp.org").
> >
> > I don't seem to have any subscribe lines in my muttrc.
>
> It's possible something has changed in mutt.  My recollection from days
> of yore was that the "L" (list-reply) command is able to work only
> because mutt knows which addressees are mailing lists, and it knows
> which those are because you've declared them via subscribe (or list)
> directives.

I just commented out the "subscribe" stuff in
my .muttrc and "L" works just fine. Of course,
Mailman sends Mutt the List-Id, List-Unsubscribe,
List-Archive, List-Pos, List-Help, and List-Subscribe
headers (RFC 2369 and 2919), so it would be hard for
Mutt not to be able to say that it didn't know this
was a list message.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco