[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 17 12:17:38 PDT 2009

Quoting Jason Spence (jspence at lightconsulting.com):
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:12:42AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
>
> > Works perfectly (given .muttrc line "subscribe linux-elitists at zgp.org").
>
> I don't seem to have any subscribe lines in my muttrc.

It's possible something has changed in mutt.  My recollection from days
of yore was that the "L" (list-reply) command is able to work only
because mutt knows which addressees are mailing lists, and it knows
which those are because you've declared them via subscribe (or list)
directives.  My docs in the conffile say:

#### Mailing lists ####
#lists <listname> # means I know this is a list, but I'm not on it.
#subscribed <listname> # means I am on this list.