[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 17 12:11:11 PDT 2009

Quoting Shlomi Fish (shlomif at iglu.org.il):

> I agree that it can be a hustle to list-admins. But it still has many
> legitimate uses.

People like you are why, after years of politely asking people to be
considerate to listadmins _and to subsequent posters_ (to repeat the
latter point, as you missed it the first time), and getting either
ignored or hearing only surly backtalk and special pleading, I finally
started using GNU Mailman's anti-spam filters to autoreject crossposts.

The funny thing is, the main offenders then instantly switched to
forwarding without complaint and, in fact, pretty much instantly.  So,
they wouldn't lift a finger to do the right thing on courtesy grounds
alone, but instantly about-faced the moment their misbehaviour no longer
worked.  Conclusion:  The "If I can get away with it, it must be OK"
immaturity culture is alive and well.

> KMail does list reply all right - that's one of its many virtues. I
> don't use it a lot....

Then, you lose.