[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sun Mar 15 09:19:59 PDT 2009

begin Rick Moen quotation of Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 05:23:51AM -0700:
> Quoting Shlomi Fish (shlomif at iglu.org.il):
>
> > ...and because sometimes you'd like to CC some other people.
>
> As a listadmin, I'd just like to say:  "You suck, sir."  CCing or BCCing
> non-subscribers on mailing list postings creates problems for any of
> those parties who attempt to respond, and for the listadmins who must
> then deal with the mess.  The clueful alternative is to send your
> posting to the list, and then forward it to any non-subscribers you wish
> to see it.
>
> Rejecting such posts is good for the cause of public education, if
> nothing else.

List Policy is that linux-elitists stands alone in
the To: line, with no Cc:.  It should be fairly simple
to put in a client-side check, for example as a Mutt
hook, to catch you when you forget.  If anyone has
this set up, please post it to the list.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco