[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Mar 15 05:23:51 PDT 2009

Quoting Shlomi Fish (shlomif at iglu.org.il):

> ...and because sometimes you'd like to CC some other people.

As a listadmin, I'd just like to say:  "You suck, sir."  CCing or BCCing
non-subscribers on mailing list postings creates problems for any of
those parties who attempt to respond, and for the listadmins who must
then deal with the mess.  The clueful alternative is to send your
posting to the list, and then forward it to any non-subscribers you wish
to see it.

Rejecting such posts is good for the cause of public education, if
nothing else.

> ...because other people and I are used to hitting "reply to all"...

You don't even have the bad excuse of using a broken mailer, as you use
KMail, which does list reply.