[linux-elitists] [Meta] Is it now possible to CC other addresses on email to linux-elitists?

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Sun Mar 15 05:14:05 PDT 2009

Ben Finney:
> Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il> writes:
> > I personally think this change is a good idea, because other people
> > and I are used to hitting "reply to all"

+1 to the observation that this is broken behavior from broken tools.
Stop acting so helpless.

> I think the original policy (not delivering messages which had Cc) was
> a good idea, because other people are used to hitting “reply to all”.

The larger goal is to kill crossposting, which is the scourge of mailing
lists and newsgroups alike (though at least netnews considered the post
read in the first group you opened it).

--
Man, I love how everyone is like "In my blog, which is       Nick Moffitt
a blog on the Internet, which you all may be interested     nick at zork.net