[linux-elitists] a decent Linux netbook

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 29 09:10:23 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 04:20:48PM +0100, Teh Entar-Nick wrote:
> Eugen Leitl:
> > Thanks, I kinda forgot about them. There's also Samsung NC20, and a few
> > HP Minis, damn, this is getting more and more complicated.
>
> If it helps, the HP Minis seem to be the only ones with a remotely sane
> keyboard.

That's definitely a key requirement. Apparently Techdata sells it for 291 EUR
sans VAT right now, though I'd have to add a 6-cell battery, a DIMM, and the
hard drive (SSD) which is apparently easy

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/HP-Mini-2140.htm

It is purportedly sturdy, due to Al/Mg construction. The screen
is also bright, and coated with glass. Has a slot for a 3G/UMTS
modem, should I get one later on.

Linux seems to have few problems http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1088743

Looks like the device to go for, so far.

Thanks, that was helpful.