[linux-elitists] a decent Linux netbook

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 29 08:12:03 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 02:42:23PM +0000, Aleksandar Radulovic wrote:

> How about MSI Wind netbooks (check here:
> http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=prodpage2&maincat_no=135&cat2_no=582)..

Thanks, I kinda forgot about them. There's also Samsung NC20, and a few
HP Minis, damn, this is getting more and more complicated.

> I'm not sure which ones support SSDs (Wind U115 Hybrid has SSD drive

I was thinking about chucking the SATA drive in the system and putting
a 120 EUR Kingston SSDNow-V series 64 GByte in, and also boost the memory
to 2 GByte (the DIMM is 23 EUR, or something).

> builtin), but they also come with card-readers (you can boot from
> that) and few even come with 3G modems built in.

3G is nice, but I think I'll just pair it with an UMTS mobile.

> U110 ECO looks nice..

It does. If only I wish which of them works best with Linux...