[linux-elitists] a decent Linux netbook

Aleksandar Radulovic alex at a13x.net
Mon Jun 29 07:42:23 PDT 2009

Hi,

How about MSI Wind netbooks (check here:
http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=prodpage2&maincat_no=135&cat2_no=582)..

I'm not sure which ones support SSDs (Wind U115 Hybrid has SSD drive
builtin), but they also come with card-readers (you can boot from
that) and few even come with 3G modems built in.

U110 ECO looks nice..

-alex.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Eugen Leitl<eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> I've been shopping around for a decent netbook system
> (LED screen, Atom or equivalent, 2 GByte RAM, can take
> SSDs (Kinston SSDNow-V series 64 GByte), effective battery
> life 5-8 h)), for roughly 500 EUR. I want to mostly use
> it as portable Nagios console, hooked up to UMTS via Bluetooth.
>
> So far I've found a Latitude 2100 (comes with Ubuntu 8.12)
> and Asus Eee PC 1000HE. Any other recommendations? (Not
> having to pay Microsoft tax in Germany is a plus).
>
> --

a lex 13 x
http://www.a13x.info