[linux-elitists] So, Microsoft spent that good will already.

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Jul 28 14:20:13 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 02:05:49PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 08:49:43AM -0700, Rick Moen (rick at linuxmafia.com) wrote:
> > Quoting Greg Folkert (greg at gregfolkert.net):
> >
> > > Since the SFLC says that Microsoft had already violated (and was in
> > > violation of) the GPLv2 and came into compliance when it released the 20
> > > KLOC...
> >
> > Honestly, would it have hurt you to provide either a quotation or a URL?
> > Here, let me help:  http://www.sdtimes.com/link/33641
> >
> > That incredibly brief and detail-free claim from SFLC doesn't anywhere
> > contradict what I said.  Perhaps you didn't notice?
> >
> > Brad Kuhn -- who is not a lawyer, and I see no claim that SFLC attorneys
> > spoke to this issue at all, let alone participated in a code review  --
> > impliedly claims that Microsoft Corporation's patches were a derivative
> > work of unnamed coders' prior kernel work.  To refresh your memory, I
> > said this was possible, and asked you to detail the code review you did
> > that supported your _own_ half-assed assertion.  You of course ignored
> > the question.
>
> It's interesting to note that there's some clown named Greg
> Kroah-Hartman, whom I strongly suspect to be trying to ride the
> coattails of our very own Greg K-H.  For some reason Mr. Kroah-Hartman
> rates his own spokesperson.

Bah, no, that reporter asked Novell for a comment, not me, so a NOVELL
spokesperson answered them.  If you note, the original reporter of the
story asked me directly and I answered directly.  It's not like my email
address is hard to find.

I have no personal spokesperson, most of the time I barely speak for
myself...

And as for the name, yes, "Greg K-H" is the same as "Greg
Kroah-Hartman", it's easier to spell and pronounce and type.  Heck, my
own kids end up doing the same abbreviation of their last name in
preschool just to handle the mess we made of our last names...

grumble,

greg k-h