[linux-elitists] So, Microsoft spent that good will already.

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 28 14:05:49 PDT 2009

on Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 08:49:43AM -0700, Rick Moen (rick at linuxmafia.com) wrote:
> Quoting Greg Folkert (greg at gregfolkert.net):
>
> > Since the SFLC says that Microsoft had already violated (and was in
> > violation of) the GPLv2 and came into compliance when it released the 20
> > KLOC...
>
> Honestly, would it have hurt you to provide either a quotation or a URL?
> Here, let me help:  http://www.sdtimes.com/link/33641
>
> That incredibly brief and detail-free claim from SFLC doesn't anywhere
> contradict what I said.  Perhaps you didn't notice?
>
> Brad Kuhn -- who is not a lawyer, and I see no claim that SFLC attorneys
> spoke to this issue at all, let alone participated in a code review  --
> impliedly claims that Microsoft Corporation's patches were a derivative
> work of unnamed coders' prior kernel work.  To refresh your memory, I
> said this was possible, and asked you to detail the code review you did
> that supported your _own_ half-assed assertion.  You of course ignored
> the question.

It's interesting to note that there's some clown named Greg
Kroah-Hartman, whom I strongly suspect to be trying to ride the
coattails of our very own Greg K-H.  For some reason Mr. Kroah-Hartman
rates his own spokesperson.

Looks as if this imposter played a role in informing Microsoft of this
matter as well.  One might suspect that he at least pretends to some
familiarity with kernel code.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten