[linux-elitists] biggest binary blob EVAH? was: So, Microsoft spent that good will already.

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Fri Jul 24 16:36:41 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:48:31PM -0400, D. Joe Anderson wrote:
> It's important work, you're doing well, thank you.  We can be
> glad you're making some sort of incremental progress.  At least,
> some of us are open to seeing this bit as progress, rather than
> as a big noisy distraction from getting more drivers for real
> hardware.

Now there's an interesting use for this code drop: saying to other hardware
companies who don't provide GPL'd/Linux drivers "hey, look, even *Microsoft*
says you should provide GPL drivers for your hardware, so how about it,
huh?"

- Matt

--
Just because we work at a University doesn't mean we're surrounded by smart
people.