[linux-elitists] OH NOOES! Another GPL release from Microsoft!

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 23 12:17:05 PDT 2009

on Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 07:03:17AM +0000, Bob Bernstein (rs at bernstein.providence.ri.us) wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 02:17:43PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > Microsoft have been releasing, and complying with, GPL terms for
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > years, quite possibly over a decade, despite their public
> > whinging over the license.
>

> MUST we mangle our English in order sound like snooty Brits? Isn't
> that getting awfully old already?

Should let this pass without comment, but I fail.

Born-and-raised American, semi-European parantage, and a decided excess
of exposure to BBC news.  It's a usage I've aquired, not entirely
consciously.  I also find it useful as corporate and other aggregate
entities are in fact collectives.

Public gratuitous irrelevant grammar trolling.  Now *that* is a cause I
can really get behind.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <karsten at linuxmafia.com>        http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten