[linux-elitists] Linux Kernel Developers... HOW COULD YOU!?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jul 21 15:06:05 PDT 2009

Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:27:26AM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > So Greg, (or anyone else able to answer) what is the real take, from
> > someone closer to the point, on this?
>
> Um, what specifically are you concerned about?

I haven't yet seen anyone raise it as a response, so:

Microsoft has shown recently (TomTom[0], etc.), including this very
month (Melco Group[1]), to be quite willing to shake down Linux users
over claims their patents cover specific code in the kernel and require
separate patent license from Microsoft.

Does that have any bearing on whether we want to accept Linux code
contributions from that entity?

[0] <URL:http://lwn.net/Articles/326247/>
[1] <URL:http://lwn.net/Articles/341644/>

--
 \      “If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.” —George |
  `\                                                            Carlin |