[linux-elitists] Linux Kernel Developers... HOW COULD YOU!?

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Tue Jul 21 13:51:18 PDT 2009

Greg KH:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 01:02:12PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > I'm just skeptical of them and the previous incarnations of "playing
> > nice" they've had in the last decade or more.
>
> Then you should be skeptical of all of the other "evil" companies that
> also contribute to the Linux kernel, right?  And there are a lot of
> them...

Let's not forget that a rather prolific kernel contributor was convicted
of murdering his wife.  The amount of code you have contributed to the
Linux kernel is not an indicator of much of anything beyond the realm of
the kernel itself.  It does not make you a bad man, a good woman, or an
honest company.

The GPL forces you to stay honest in some very specific ways if you need
to play along.  That's the moral that people need to take away from
this.

--
"These people program the way Victorians dress.              Nick Moffitt
It takes two hours and three assistants to put on           nick at zork.net