[linux-elitists] Linux Kernel Developers... HOW COULD YOU!?

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Jul 21 11:06:18 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 10:24 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 01:02:12PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 09:47 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > > Um, what specifically are you concerned about?  They released the code
> > > under the GPLv2, and met all of the requirements that we ask any
> > > contributor to make, as described in the file,
> > > Documentation/SubmittingPatches in the kernel tree.
> > >
> > > So what exactly is the big deal?
> >
> > So they REALLY DID release it under TEH EVUL GPLv2.
>
> Yes.

Excellent. I guess it *cannot* be as bad as they have been claiming for
15+ years, considering they just rolled over the claims by submitting
code via GPLv2 licensing and they *DO* understand it.

> > And followed all the reqs put on everyone else.
>
> Yes.

Another Excellent.

> > I'm just skeptical of them and the previous incarnations of "playing
> > nice" they've had in the last decade or more.
>
> Then you should be skeptical of all of the other "evil" companies that
> also contribute to the Linux kernel, right?  And there are a lot of
> them...

Oh yes, I am, just that *THIS* time is a real first for this particular
Evil Company and being the first it should be scrutinized and continue
to be for quite a while to come. How do you like working for one of
those "EVUL EMPIRES" yourself?

> > If you are satisfied Greg, I'll take it under advisement. One last
> > question, any standing on Luis' e-mail holding any water?
>
> What email?

This one that was "CC'd" to L-E, I forgot those don't make it to the
list. But I am happy to offer it up, seeing as he did try to deliver it
to L-E.