[linux-elitists] Linux Kernel Developers... HOW COULD YOU!?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Jul 21 10:24:54 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 01:02:12PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 09:47 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > Um, what specifically are you concerned about?  They released the code
> > under the GPLv2, and met all of the requirements that we ask any
> > contributor to make, as described in the file,
> > Documentation/SubmittingPatches in the kernel tree.
> >
> > So what exactly is the big deal?
>
> So they REALLY DID release it under TEH EVUL GPLv2.

Yes.

> And followed all the reqs put on everyone else.

Yes.

> I'm just skeptical of them and the previous incarnations of "playing
> nice" they've had in the last decade or more.

Then you should be skeptical of all of the other "evil" companies that
also contribute to the Linux kernel, right?  And there are a lot of
them...

> If you are satisfied Greg, I'll take it under advisement. One last
> question, any standing on Luis' e-mail holding any water?

What email?

And a further point, if I were to reject their code, despite meeting all
of our documented and detailed rules and descriptions of how to submit
code, wouldn't that be completly hypocritical of me?

thanks,

greg k-h