[linux-elitists] Linux Kernel Developers... HOW COULD YOU!?

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Jul 21 10:02:12 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 09:47 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:27:26AM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > How could you ALLOW Microsoft to contribute to the Linux Kernel!?
>
> It was only a matter of time.  We've allowed all other companies to
> contribute, what's one more minor one?  :)

Yeah, yeah... I knew then answer. You knew I knew the answer, being a
rhetorical question.

> > So Greg, (or anyone else able to answer) what is the real take, from
> > someone closer to the point, on this?
>
> Um, what specifically are you concerned about?  They released the code
> under the GPLv2, and met all of the requirements that we ask any
> contributor to make, as described in the file,
> Documentation/SubmittingPatches in the kernel tree.
>
> So what exactly is the big deal?

So they REALLY DID release it under TEH EVUL GPLv2. And followed all the
reqs put on everyone else. I'm just skeptical of them and the previous
incarnations of "playing nice" they've had in the last decade or more.

The big deal is the "EEE" they tend to do... with the emphasis of the
last "E" being my biggest worry.

If you are satisfied Greg, I'll take it under advisement. One last
question, any standing on Luis' e-mail holding any water?
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2