[linux-elitists] Linux Kernel Developers... HOW COULD YOU!?

Joe joe at tmsusa.com
Tue Jul 21 09:55:35 PDT 2009

Greg Folkert wrote:
> How could you ALLOW Microsoft to contribute to the Linux Kernel!?
>
> OMGTHEENK0FTEHCHEELDRUN! BOYCOTT NOVELL! THE BEAST IS TAKING OVER!

Remember, microsoft loves open source - so long as it's running on top
of microsoft windows.

IMHO there's no legal threat from the GPL2'd code which was contributed
to the linux kernel on behalf of microsoft. That code in and of itself
is probably fine.

The cleverer ones on this list may have already thought of the moves
redmond is likely to make later on. I can easily envision them talking
to their captive, linux on hyperv customers about simplifying,
eliminating the middle man, and running the open source apps directly on
microsoft windows. It takes no Nostradamus to see that as the inevitable
end game of this gambit.

Joe