[linux-elitists] Linux Kernel Developers... HOW COULD YOU!?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Jul 21 09:47:38 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:27:26AM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> How could you ALLOW Microsoft to contribute to the Linux Kernel!?

It was only a matter of time.  We've allowed all other companies to
contribute, what's one more minor one?  :)

> So Greg, (or anyone else able to answer) what is the real take, from
> someone closer to the point, on this?

Um, what specifically are you concerned about?  They released the code
under the GPLv2, and met all of the requirements that we ask any
contributor to make, as described in the file,
Documentation/SubmittingPatches in the kernel tree.

So what exactly is the big deal?

thanks,

greg k-h