[linux-elitists] Google uber alles

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Jul 10 09:34:00 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 09:14:49AM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Greg KH quotation of Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 09:12:58PM -0700:
>
> > Heck, I'm typing this from a laptop that already boots in less than 5
> > seconds to a working, logged in user.  A few more seconds to bring up
> > firefox and boom, there you have the Google announcement already
> > finished.
>
> Especially if all that the hardware manufacturer needs
> is, "neener, neener, look at this, MSFT, can I have
> a Windows discount now?"

That's what they are primarily using Moblin for already :)

> The fun part is when the users who _don't_ return
> their Linux machines start to buy products like office
> all-in-one printer/scanner/fax machines (AIOs).  What
> happens when customers start returning AIOs because
> they don't work right with their Linux machines?

Almost all of those machines work with Linux today already, so I doubt
this will be an issue.  But if it does become one, hey, we are ready and
able to help any company out with Linux support:
	http://www.linuxdriverproject.org

thanks,

greg k-h