[linux-elitists] Google uber alles

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Jul 9 21:12:58 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 03:57:42AM +0000, Bob Bernstein wrote:

> When the MSM splashed their "news" of Google's operating system
> plans all over the place, I expected to find this list brimming
> with insight, snotty remarks, riposte, and drivel. Imagine my
> disappointment! Have linux elitists been struck dumb by Google?

Or have we realized that implementing such a thing is a pretty trivial
thing in the end, given that the existing distro build services allow
very easy customization of whatever package selection you wish to have.

Heck, I'm typing this from a laptop that already boots in less than 5
seconds to a working, logged in user.  A few more seconds to bring up
firefox and boom, there you have the Google announcement already
finished.

The latest Moblin images from Intel and openSUSE are proof that this can
be done.

The best response to all of this has of course been from the fake-steve:
	http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2009/07/lets-all-take-deep-breath-and-get-some.html

thanks,

greg k-h